Employment as a UNIX Systems Developer/Engineer.
Twenty years experience architecting and supporting UNIX systems and over fifteen developing C, python, perl and Java solutions to engineering support problems including system administration, source control, builds/releases, software testing, 3rd-party software integration and process automation. I am best employed as a UNIX admin who codes.
Free/Net/OpenBSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X Server, IRIX, AIX, HP-UX and
TCP/IP Ethernet. NIS/yp, NFS/autofs, Veritas (HP-UX/AIX) Logical Volume Manager,
apache, tomcat, asterisk, DNS/bind, SMTP/sendmail/postfix, Rational ClearCase, CVS,
subversion and Software Configuration Management principles, Greenplum/PostgreSQL, MySQL,
Cray UNICOS. Excellent ability
to learn new System V or BSD-based OSs and networking systems and a solid
knowledge of UNIX at the administration and API level.
||Bachelor of Physics with Mathematics Minor
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities - Institute of Technology
Converged Infrastructure (Big Data Group)|
Palo Alto, CA
UNIX Systems Developer
Pivotal - Greenplum
UNIX Systems Developer
EMC - Greenplum
UNIX Systems Engineer
San Mateo, CA
UNIX Systems Engineer/Consultant
Software Development Group|
Professional Innovations -
UNIX Software Engineer/Consultant
Engineering Services Group|
Tricord Systems - Plymouth, MN
UNIX Software Engineer
- Designed, implemented and automated a build, release and workflow process.
- Operated as a UNIX "toolsmith" writing primarily in perl, C and expect.
- In charge of source control (CVS) and build/release management for a mid-sized UNIX development group.
- In charge of transitioning the source control system to CVS.
- Integrated 3rd party software into a NAS product.
- Assisted in the system administration of a large Linux QA test bed (many hundreds of machines) and in the writing of UNIX tools to automate the process.
|Saint Paul Development Group
Bridge Information Systems - Saint Paul, MN
UNIX Software Engineer
- Wrote a software regression test-bed for a fixed-income API and a web-based front-end to visualize the results.
- In charge of source control (using Rational ClearCase) and build management for a mid-sized (40) UNIX development shop. Wrote software tools to automate builds, releases, and system administration processes.
- In charge of a 4 month project transitioning the source control system to Rational ClearCase. This included designing and writing a work-flow front-end to ClearCase in perl utilizing Sybase.
|Core Database Technologies Group
Wam!Net- Eagan, MN
UNIX Systems Developer/Engineer
- As a senior member of a 4 person group performed capacity planning and systems architecture for a large replicated asset management system (8TB of RAID per, 3 geographically separate sites). Worked closely with DBAs and also as a member of the Middleware group.
- Worked with performance-testing and pre-purchase evaluation of data-center hardware including SGI Origin 2000s, Clarion and Hitachi RAIDs.
- Gathered and analyzed performance data of middleware/backend components and various hardware in order to make recommendations to staff and management.
|Maxim Group Consulting
Cray Research - Chippewa Falls, WI & Eagan, MN
- Provided technical support to employees on the SGI, Sun and Cray platforms. Area of expertise was NIS, DNS, NFS/Automounter and Email transport troubleshooting.
||Scientific and Technical Systems & Solutions
IBM - Almaden Research Lab
Internship in Scientific Visualization
- Integrated the pV3 interactive visualization system and the PVM distributed computing environment into numerical methods code for mantle convection (C and Fortran).
- Presented at the 1996 SIGGRAPH convention.
||Department of Theoretical
and Applied Mechanics
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Scientific Visualization Consultant
- Created presentation quality scientific visualizations for publications, seminars and lectures.
- Wrote numerous software tools in C and Fortran to facilitate pre/post processing of data, data and grid transformations and process automation.
|Department of Geology & Geophysics
Minnesota Supercomputer Institute
Research Assistant & UNIX Administrator
- Maintained and ran code for a 3-D Numerical Model of Mantle Convection. Included pre & post-processing, configuring for the Cray 2, C-90 & IBM SP-2 and trouble-shooting.
- Primary system administrator for a network of UNIX boxes and Macs. Duties included OS upgrades, hardware and software installation, network and system trouble-shooting, purchasing and porting code. Provided technical support to users.
- Supervised and trained interns in UNIX and system administration.
- Co-authored seventeen publications (two as first author) on various topics in geophysics and scientific visualization.
- Awarded an Honorary Mention for Outstanding Scientific Visualization in Geophysics by the American Geophysical Union, 1993.
$Id: resume.html 9108 2015-07-07 21:46:59Z reuteler $